Saturday, July 27, 2013

I See The Diabetics Nurse

Finally got in to see the nurse. The woman at the counter charged
me $(.80. I said I thought it was free and she said even on a
health card or pension card it was $9.30. So I paid but I wondered
what the voucher from Melbourne was. As Dr. Rose told me that it
entitled me to TWO free sessions with the nurse!

So I got in to see her and was there about 45 minutes and we barely
got started I felt I did not know much more that when I first went
in. She was very nice and I was given the free testing kit and
she told me how to use it. I have another appointment with her
in a month.

When I went to use the kit the next day I couldn't figure out to
use the "lancing device" the instructions were USELESS! all they
said was "prime the device" but did not show how to do this. I
ended up going down to the chemist and getting them to show me.

Have been testing myself morning before breakfast and 2 hours
after my main meal. The highest I have hit is 9.6 (not suppose to
be over 7) and that was after a Healthy Choice Dinner! The nurse
did mention that I should go back to the Dr. and get her to look
at the results to see if I needed tablets to help me regulate my
insulin. She just did not say when as the Dr was saying that she
hoped I would be able to achieve this by diet alone and I don't
have an appointment with the dietitian till about the 10th August.

No comments: