Thursday, October 4, 2007

Odds and Ends

Well it is the end of the holidays and I have done odds and ends.

I handed in the research for Children's writing, but only the first 9 months of 1665 of Samuel Pepys Diary. To write my story I need to finish the 1665 and 1666 reading and print out what I need for the story and put it in the research book when I get it back after the holidays. So far am only up to June, 1666.

Have to print out Maddie on the Murray to send to the Red Cross. Have done it all except the covers and I hope to finish them Monday to take to TAFE on Thursday and have it bound properly.

I did finish Anne's Story and sent it away to the Age competition, but knowing the winning stories from the last three years I doubt I have a chance, they like stories about YOUNG people and gangs and drugs and disfunctional family life.

Wanted to read a book every two days but only got five books read in 14 days.

Sorted out as many newspapers as I could find ( some as old as January 2005) and cut out the articles I wanted and put them in my journal with comments. Am now up to 15th September 2007 so hope to be up to date by Monday!! (50 pages in my journal.)

Did not get any of my non fiction done.

Read Anne's story but have not done the reader's report YET. Also have not done the editing on Kylie's story.

Have not gone through the ten tapes to see what I have got to give to Meg, but hope to do some of it this afternoon.

Did print out a hard copy of my blog.

I hope to have all this work done by next Wednesday.

No comments: