Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleep

According to Stanley Coren, in his book 'Sleep Thieves' "Science has identified two peak periods in our need for sleep - 3 a.m. and 3 p.m." The first causes no problems as it is in the 'dead' center of our sleep cycle, but the second is smack in the middle of our workday. Shouldn't we be napping in mid-afternoon? "At present, only 38% of us do." P. 139-140.

For nearly twenty years I try to have a nanny nap (as Kirsten calls it) every afternoon between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. of course there are days when it just doesn't happen and I feel terrible for the rest of the day, I get short tempered and tend to bite any one's head off that annoys me. However with a sleep I am an easy going patient person.

It doesn't seem to matter if I nap or not, I still don't go to bed to sleep at night till 3.a.m. I seem to have got over the hump of being sleepy. Of course the next day I'm yawning my head off.

No comments: