Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Euchre Breakup Monday 10th December 2007

John Weatherall and his wife went away for a couple of days just prior to the last night of cards for this year and I still did not have the information for the certificates for the first three placings in this year's competition.

Thankfully I had dropped the message off at the right house and he rang me on Saturday morning when I was in K Mart in Traralgon.

Managered to get them done on Monday for that evening.

Disappointed that John did not acknowelge them publicly as a gift from the Nook and Cranny. Though of course he thanked me privately for the work I did.

Did not score in this year's Christmas raffle, nor the last triva contest for the year, but I did draw out Vic's name as the last triva winner.

The only people to give out cards this year were Kath and Victor.

The Club did not even have a Chis Kringle gift this year.

Despite the fact I went to Karen's and left a message that the breakup was on Monday she did not come. Working I guess.

There were not problems ordering the tea and all those that came before 6.15 p.m. had their meal reasonable quickly.

Harry brought along a new girl friend but they arrived late at about 6. 30 p.m. so we had to wait till they finished before we could start the games.

I did finish overall in front of Cliff this year and on this last night got 102 which is the first time in a month I have got over the ton.

2 comments:

carmsmars said...

Hi Gloria,
Thought I would drop you a line since you so kindly gave me your blogspot address.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Take care
Carmel from junior Fic TAFE

carmsmars said...

Hi Gloria,

If you are serious about your writing. Go to this website and have look around. Its brilliant.

ahttp://www.fmwriters.com/

best regards
Carmel