Friday, July 17, 2009

My Sixtieth Birthday

Well I invited every one for a barbeque at Cliff's and of
course it was a beautiful sunny day on Friday and Sunday
but saturday being my birthday it pissed down with rain
all day. Lucily Cliff has a portable cooking pot that
does heaps of meat (like a barbeque, but without the
burning! so it really is better!)

I am still waiting for an R.S.V.P. from Debbie Gallaghar.
All my other friends said they could not come except for
Karen Campbell. She bought her new man Don along!

Of course I received nothing from Sarah ( but then I did
not expect too), but I was disapponted in Jess, after
all she is 16 now and working part time at Hungrey Jacks.
How hard is it for her to buy a $1 card and a liitle gift
wrapped bar of soap for a couple of $$$. So I told her
that it was pretty bad form. So we will see what happens
at Xmas.

Don Jr bought me flowers, which considering my hayfever is
not really a good gift. I had to leave them at Cliff's
for the week so I really did not get any benifit from them.

Meg gave me $50 towards a new digital camera. Anj gave m
$20 towards scapbooking stuff, which was good as K-Mart was
having a 20% off sale.

Kathleen cried poor (after all she is spending over $200 on
Kirsten's 11th birthday on 19th July, so how could she
afford to give Meg $50 towards a camera for me,) as it was
she and the girls made all the cards they gave me, with MY
scrapbooking papers.

Cliff had a cake made for me, caramel YUM!! he gave me the
receipt for my scrapbooking. I think he really wanted me to
know just how much he spent but the funny thing is I enjoyed
the cake more when I did not know how much it cost. I knew
it was dear but that was good enough, as soon as I found out
it cost $48, it took all the fun out of it.

Is that weird or what?

No comments: