Sunday, August 9, 2009

Seven Days Baby Sitting (Day Six)

Dropped the other kids off at school and picked up the
work for Sam.

We were ready to start at 9 a.m. sharp. By 10.30a.m. I felt
we both deserved a break and I told Sam to walk the dogs
around the block. Ross didn't want him to go on his own
as he felt it was too much responsibility for Sam. But
I felt Sam needed to know I trusted him.

He walked them around twice. Poor old puppy was worn out!

I had made myself a cup of coffee and was enjoying that.
Sam had already eaten his morning snack while we were
working.

We were back at work by 10.50 a.m. We broke for lunch at
12.10 p.m.

While eating lunch we watched "Dirty Jobs" on Pay T.V. We
saw how wine barrels were made and how loggers cut down a
tree. We learned that logging is the second most dangerous
job in the work. The first being deep sea fishing.

The next program was called ASPCA based in New York. We saw
a man who had over 72 live cats in his two stoary house and
162 dead cats in a freezer. He was a hoarder and it is
classified as a mental disease.

We also learned that a wolf's howl does not echo.

We then went back to Sam's 'proper' school work.

I drove up and picked the other two up from school. I showed
Sam's teacher the work he had done and she was very pleased.
She said that was more work rhan he usually did in three weeks
at school. But she did not give me any more work. She said s
he would be 'thrilled' if he did finish all she had given me.

Connor's teacher said that he too has been playing up during
the week and she was very close to sendiing him home too!!!

Dropped them off and showed Donald what Sam had done. Told
him what Connor's teacher said and Donald was not pleased
and told Connor that if he wanted to play soccer on Saturday
he better not be sent home. To behave just one more day!

Glad to get home. But I was too tired and did not get to
sleep before 12 a.m.

No comments: