Thursday, May 17, 2012

Driven to Drink.

The new water heater that was bought just before Easter,
continues to play up. Don jr has been around at least 8 times
to relight it for me and the plummer has relit it 6 times and
the handyman has done it once since I have had it, but the
worse thing is we have no hot water every second day, so we
are only showering when there is water and by the time Kirsten
and I shower there is no hot water for the dishes to be washed.
I tried using the kettle but it takes five loads of water from
the kettle and about 20 minutes to fill the sink that wasy!
because I can't use the dishwasher without hot water!

Finally the plummer rang the company that makes the unit and
they sent a serviceman around yesterday. He said the pressure
was a little 'high' but that was better than too low. (Low
pressure is one of the reasons the pliot light can go out.)
The pliot was low so he adjusted it a 'little' higher and
turned the thermostat a little higher as well as he said it
was on 2 and that can be a 'bit cool.' He also replaced a
part and said that should take care of it.

Kirsten had a lovely hot shower last night, but when I went to
have a shower this morning, after spending half an hour cleaning
water off the laundry floor where the new washing machine had
dumped it (the second time I have used it and the second time
the water has flooded over the floor. I don't have to wash it
as it is getting enough cleaning this way!) it was to find that
the water was cold!

Rang Rhett (the plummer) and he rang Dean (the repairman) who
said there was one more part he could try replacing but would
not have that part till tomorrow!

Both Rhett and I said 'what have we done to deserve this?' but
at least he is getting hot showers every day and I am NOT!

No comments: