Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kirsten Creates A Fuss

Kirsten was having a bad time at school last week. So when
she asked to have Lexie stay over on Tuesday night after
netball I said yes. Althought I always had the rule with
my kids that could be no one staying overnight if they had
school the next day. The thing is I have not had Kirsten
since the beginning, thus it is hard to establosh rules when
she has been allowed to do what every she likes when ever
she likes.

I thought she was showing off for Lexie when I went in at
8 p.m. to collect her phone. She had been using it
to acess Facebook sometimes as late as 1 a.m. in the
morning on a school night. No wonder she was tired and
irrrable at school and getting into trouble. She screamed
at me to "Wait" and continued to use it. I was not having
it. I told her not to speak to me in that manner and she
had to the count of ten to hand over the phone, as I was
missing my T.V. show standing there. So I counted to ten.
She still continued to use the phone, so I nudged her in
her side, as she was laying on the floor and said "Now."
Once more she screamed "Wait" at me, so I just unplugged it
from the power point and took it and the charger away.

The next day she was still upset with me, so I went down to
Headspace to see if she could see Bonnie.

They said no she would just have to see the duty officer.

However she did not come home from school but went to the
park with friends as I rang her to find out where she was.

So I took her on Thursday. The woman she spoke to asked to
see Kath.

When Kath came out I asked if she wanted to se me but Kath
said No. I'm driving away and asked "May I be allowed to
know why she wanted to speak to you." Kath said it was to
organise Kirsten to stay with her for two weeks.

The more I have though about it the angier I have become.

However will I be able to control Kirsten's behaviour if when
she gets the shits with me she can run to them and manipulate
them into letting her 'run' off to somewhere else.

This woman had no right as DHS had placed her in my care!

Then Kirsten says it was "because I kicked her." Must admit
I screamed "What??. Turns out she is claiming that the 'nudge'
I gave her with my foot on Tuesday night was in fact a 'kick'.

Could not do anything about it at that stage. On Friday morning
I rang the doctor and we had to wait nearly all morning to get
in to see the him. I asked him to look at the 'kicked' area
and took a photo of it. I said there is not even a mark and
Kirsten claims it is because it 'was 3 days ago' The child
does not know that if I had really kicked her by the time 3
days had passed there would be lovely purple and blue brusing
with maybe a tinge of yellow on the outter edges of the
'bruise'. The doctor examined her ribs and said there was no
damage to them. Of course not as I did not kick her. She says
she has a witness Lexie Gatt. She said that Lexie's mother
works for DHS, so there!!

I wonder if it was Lexie's idea to say "I kicked her."

I certainly will not be ever having her stay again, nor any
other child on a school night.

No comments: