Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Good News/Bad News

Lately Kath has been hounding me with ths refrain.

Finally received a payout from the insurance company
re the tenant damage at Yallourn North.

It was $10,000 less than the quotes I presented to
them. So Don Jr has said he will do most of the
work if I can give him some of the money (if any)
that is left over!

At the rate things are going this does not look
likely.

The kitchen cupboards were to cost $2,000 and ended
up being $2,400.

Then after he removed the asbestos from the sunroom
he found that there were borers in the wood and that
cost an extra $1,000 to rip out the wood and replace
and treat. Hope the same thing has not happened in
the laundry.

In doing the laundry he found that the floating floor
that Hyden and Sid put in was not the correct wood and
is rotting so had to pull it out and when he was
removing the toilet he 'accidently' broke it. I wonder
how much Kath was involved in that, as she has been
asking for a new bowl for two weeks and I said NO as
the old one was only 5 years old. I have had the bowls
in my place for over twenty years!!!!


Neither of these thngs were covered by the insurance money
but the replacemnets will have to come from that money, so
what I saved on the asbestos quote will be eaten up by
these expenses.

No comments: