Friday, September 21, 2012

A Lovely Sunday

We started the day at Andrew and Sue's. A lovely
fresh breakfest with bacon and scrambled eggs for
me. Cliff started with strawberries but Sue put
out youghurt to dip them in. Needless to say I
did not dip but Cliff the grot double dipped!
Thankfully Sue did not see and Audrey scopped
the yoghurt he had 'spoiled' onto his plate. He
still didn't seem to think he had done anything
so bad.

We went to see Brian. He was saying that most of
the growers had a bad season because although their
crop was good the companies were importing organges
cheaper from California than they could buy them
here and that is beacuse of the cheap Mexician labour
whereas here the pickers are paid $80 a ton and the
companies are only paying $30 a ton to buy them.
So the growers didn't bother to pick them but are
just letting them rot on the trees.

Had tea at Andews as well but it was only snack food,
most of which e.g. imported cheeses on crackers and
spicy salami meats, I don't eat.

Andrew and Cliff played three games of pool and I
think Andrew let Cliff win. He really is not a good
loser.

Went inside for a cuppa which I never had. The fact
is Andrew said he was pleased to see us and wanted us
to take Aud to live with us. However Aud does not want
to move she wants to spend the remainder of her time
near her friends. This is understandable. She wants
us to move there. Even Andrew and Sue know this. Sue
was trying as hard as she could to discourage Cliff
from coming up there.

I said I was not that keen as I would miss my faimly
meaning my kids and grandchildren becaues unlike Sue
and Andrew's kids mine can't afford to spend money on
travel so it would be up to me to keep coming back to
the valley to see them.

I don't regard Andrew and Sue as family. Sue took
offensive at this as she said "I find that offensive."
But it is a fact Cliff and I are not married so I am
not in any way family to them.

Anyway I ended up crying and had to leave the room.
I think Sue was shocked that I cried but lately I have
been very emotional.

Anyway Cliff came out and I drove us back to the golf
club, after stopping to grab some KFC as I was straving.

No comments: