Friday, March 15, 2013

The Pope

With all the talk about a new pope the question came
up on The Nine home page, "Would like to be pope?"
I answered NO, but over the last week I have been
thinking about this question. No I still would not
want to be the pope, but I was thinking what would I
do if I was the pope.

I would like to clarify some things.

The first thing would be pointing out that Christ was
born into a culture that followed the Jewish faith.

Thus when Christ preached a 'new' religion he used
the prinicples of his own religion.

Thus the commandments Catholics follow are the ones
given to Moses for the Jews to follow.

"Do not take the Lord's name in vain" has nothing to
do with Jesus Christ. Christ was not born and named
till many hundreds of years later. The Lord refered
to was the God, or as Catholics say 'God the Father.'

No comments: