Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Frantic Saturday

After Meg came around to see me on Wednesday 20th to
check my wardrobe she decided that of the three out
fits that did fit me none were suitable for her wedding.

So on Saturday 23rd she made arrangements to meet me.

Firstly I had to go to K Mart to pay off my Credit Card.

Then around to the little place Cliff told me about
under the stair case near the lawyer's office. Were I
finally got the $50 voucher replaced for Kirsten's phone.

I got to Thera's at 10.25 a.m. in plenty of time, to meet
Meg at 11 a.m. so I checked out all the dresses in my
size and quite frankly I did not like any of them, in the
colours left after Meg ruled out, white, grey, silver,
ivory, yellow, green, peach, and apricot. I ruled out
purple as I have too many evening dresses in purple. We
both thought a light blue would be nice, but they did
not have anything in light blue.

Well Meg finally showed up at 11.25 a.m. I showed her
what was on hand and she was not impressed either. So she
dragged me around to 'Shapely Triangles.' There were only
four dresses there in my size. I tried on one and it was
awful, a second was okay, the third was better, but it was
coral and I did not like it on me as it seemed to make me
looked washed out. But Meg LOVED it.

I mentioned that Thea's had the same dress in a darker blue
and it was $2 cheaper than Triangles, the girl heard me and
said she could give it to me for the same price. But Meg
dragged me back to Thea's, the girl said as we were leaving
she would give us 10% off.

I tried on the blue dress and I liked it much better. But
Meg compared it against a silver dress similar to the colour
of Mick's suit and a charcoal dress similar to the colour of
the groomsmen suit and she felt it blended into their suits
too much.

So it was another walk around to Triangles.

After I got the dress Meg liked. ($270) We walked to the
Shoeroom. She tried to get a pair of silver shoes to match
the dress but no luck.

She wanted to walk around to the Plaza but I put my foot down
as my legs were already sore from all the walking we had done
so far!

So I went back to my car at Thea's and drove it to the plaza.

Met Meg at Williams were we found a matching pair of silver
shoes and a handbag. The shoes were HIGH heels not TOO high
but higher than any thing I have worn for ten years. ($92)

Then across to the jewellery store were she found a necklace
and earring set that matched the 'flower/leaf' pattern on the
dress. ($17)

Next it was around to sexy nails to pick out a shade that
went with the dress. She wrote it on a card and gave it to
me for Thursday for my appointment. Finally we were finished
and I was allowed to go 'home.' I slept all afternoon!








No comments: