Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Meg's Birthday 2013

Much to Meg's annoyance it was the last Friday of the month.
This means that Cliff, Kathy, John, Lena and myself go to the
club for the raffle.

We did not want to give up going so I said we could all have
tea there for her birthday. She reckons that the food is crap.
Which is strange as everyone else that goes, including Donald
think the food is quite good and at a reasonable price.

Well Mick bought $10 worth of tickets and lo and behold won a
$40 deli voucher. Turns out that that shop also sell the
beans Meg uses in her coffee machine and was having a special
that week, two packets for the price of one, $29.95 so she
still had $10 over for cold meats! and enough coffee for nearly
3 months! So she was really pleased.

Donald gave her $50 as did I and Kath gave her $30 so she ended
up with $130 and there was a pair of shoes she said she saw in
Viva for $150, so now she only has to pay $20 for them. I don't
know what Mick got her, will have to ask. Also I don't know if
his family bought her anything either now that they are married
it is different and I would expect that they have got her something
will ask next time I see her.

She did say that uncle Bill DID NOT send a birthday card even though
I have given him the birthday book last time he was down here.
(For her wedding in March.)

No comments: