Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Repairmen/ Graduation/ Children/Shopkeeper

Still no electrian or plumber and the video man hasn't rung either. So what is new?

Graduated from my writing and editing course, on March the 8th,2007. The award ceremony seemed quicker than last year and I had my diploma half an hour after it started. Which turned out to be a good thing as I became sick and had to leave early. My daughter Margaret had spained her left ankle playing netball and hadn't even arrived by the time I left.

Saw the Doctor Friday and he things it was just something I ate.

Had a quiet weekend over Labour Day. My graddaughter Kirsten came to stay with Poppy Cliff and myself. When she left she took four of poppy Cliff's collectable mint condition coins with her. As she is nearly nine I never thought I would have to say "Don't take things that don't belong to you." Unfortunately her mother can only find three of them, but she says she didn't spend the missing coin. Let's hope so as they are worth $35 each.

As soon as Cliff found the empty packets my heart sank. My son Donald did something similiar to me when he was seven. He took $15 worth of the 'round' fifty cent pieces, that were worth about $1 each, to the shop and spent them. When he told me where he went, I went to the shopkeeper and tried to get the coins back with notes. The shopkeeper said he never served my son and the child must have been mistaken. There was no way to prove the man was lying, he knew the coins were worth more than their face value and he wasn't going to give them back. Needless to say I never shoped there again and I made sure to tell everyone in the neighbourhood how dishonest the man was. Eventually he went out of business, as they say cheats never prosper.

No comments: