Monday, June 25, 2007

Low-Leyshan Wedding

How slack! I never wrote about the wedding! On Saturday 5th May this year, Kirsty and Marc got married in the Centrenary Rose Gardens in Morwell.

Cliff and I know them on two levels. Firstly Ross went to school with Marc. Secondly George who used to own the fish and chip shop next to The Nook and Cranny ( our legal name)(though must people know us as The Book Nook)has a niece. We met her when she worked in his shop. She is living with a man. He is the father of Kirsty. Kirsty refers to George's neice as her step mother.

The day was dull and overcast. Unfortunatley it began to drizzle towards the end of the service but thankfully not so much that we were wet before we reached the reception at the Traralgon Golf Club.

Cliff was wonderful. I think weddings bring out the romantic in him. He thought the ghost gum outside the club, highlighted by a spot light looked 'beautiful.' For the first time in the eleven years we have been together he danced with me.

I have never enjoyed dancing. On a number of grounds. One, I can never remember the steps of the old time dances. Two, I get puffed out doing the modern dances. Three, I can't even remember the steps to those group dances everyone does in lines (not line dancing). But I think the biggest reason of all is the loss of control. To dance the female has to give up the control to her partner and I can't seem to put enough trust in any male to do that.

But I didn't tread on his toes and it wasn't too bad, in fact I was having a good time till a big oaf stood on the side of my foot. Cliff had to take me off the dance floor and I couldn't go back. It was too sore. It was all I could do to walk out to the car and drive home. Had a huge bruise the next day.

Everyone seem to be having a good time including Kirsty and Marc's two children. All up not a bad night.

No comments: