Sunday, February 10, 2008

My New Mattress.

I had a phone call at last from the company I ordered my new
mattress from. In the last phone call I asked for it to be
delivered in the first week of February. The phone call came
on Thursday (7th) and they said it would be delivered on
either the 18th or 19th of February which is two weeks later
than I wanted and I have already made a monthy payment on it
so it is well and truly late.

And talking of monthly payments I had an SMS message from the
company handling the finance and I had to ring them URGENTLY.
Which I did when I got home on Monday morning 11th Feb ( about
twnety minutes ago) and the woman said my payment had been
sent back due to insufficent funds and I said not possible as
I have money on the credit card PLUS my credit limit which
means they are wrong. So she said no it has been returned and
I said well it was not because of insufficent funds. Turns out
they had the wrong expiry date for the card and that was why it
was refused!!

Why must these companies insist it is because of lack of funds
rather than a simple accounting fault on their part?

1 comment:

Dante Storey said...

That’s totally frustrating! I don’t understand why it took long for the company to figure out the lack of fund on the payment. It’s pretty obvious this is an accounting fault in their part. Anyway, this happened a long time ago, and I assume after then you’ve found a more reliable mattress store. Dante,
The Healthy Bed Store