Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Birthday 2008

Well when Cliff and I arrived at the Traralgon R.S.L.
Donald and his kids were already there as was Meg. So
I said we could order tea but Meg said that Kath had rung
and said they were at Rosedale and where coming for tea.

So Cliff and I went off and played the pokies for twenty
minutes and then I came back and talked to the kids and
they gave me cards they had made.

We had a couple of drinks and Kath and Nathan and kids
showed up at about 7 p.m. so I said well as there is no
one there we can start ordering tea. (As I only had Cliff's
and my card for discount meals.) So I allowed Donald and
Meg to order first with the cards and then Cliff ordered
for us. But when it was Kath's turn she said she wouldn't
order now as we had NOT WAITED FOR HER!!!! and nothing I
said would convince her that she had not been left out but
had to wait her turn for the cards!!!

But dispite her carrying on, the night ended up not too bad.
I only put Cliff's money through the machine so still had my
$30 for the weekend.

Meg had other plans later in the night and left at 8.20 p.m.
and as Donald wanted the kids in bed early as they had an
early start for soccer on Saturday he came back to the house
and we divided up some of the fruit that Cliff had won in the
raffle, Donald couldn't wait for Kath and her kids but left
at 8.45 p.m.

Kath and Nathan had gone to KFC and spent $10 more there on
food than they would have on meals at the R.S.L. We gave
them fruit from the basket as well as long as I had two
bananas I was happy.

Cliff , Donald and Meg did not give me cards or presents.
Only Kath gave me a card from her and one from the kids.
Donald's kids gave me a candle holder.

Everyone claimed to be broke.

It must be a miracle that no matter how broke I am I always
have a few $'s for a card and a present, for everyone else.
But then I don't wait till the last moment but generally buy
something I know the receiver would like when I see it on
special. It's called being thoughful!

No comments: