Thursday, February 12, 2009

Black Saturday

Well as usual I was staying at Cliff's. I went to bed
about 4.30 p.m. for my nanny nap and the next thing I
knew Cliff was waking me up. I was really disorintated
as it appeared to be so dark. I had set the alarm for
7.20 p.m. and it looked like it was neare 9 p.m.

I stumbled out into the kitchen and looked at the clock
and it said 6 p.m. I couldn't understand it and then
Cliff said to go out the back. So I went into the back
yard and the sky was blood red as far as the eye could
see. I went back inside and got my phone and took photos.

It didn't matter if you looked south towards the fires or
north, east or west. It was the same. The sky was red
and evry thing else appeared black. It was so dark that
the street lights had come on automatically. A car came
up Pollack Ave as I was taking a photo and you could see
the smoke from the fires swirl in the car's head lights.

No comments: