Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Drive Way Madness

I went to the Traralgon Shell Station on Sunday to fill my
car and was pleasantly surprised to find the cost of petrol
was down to $1.18.9 cents a litre. For during thr week at
Morwell I had noticed it had shot up to $1.22.9 cents.

But the set of pumps in front of me were not working and I
noticed that it was the same for each line at the station.
So much for closing the station down for a few months to add
more pumping units, when they are now not working!!

The station was so busy I had to go to a set of pumps on the
'wrong' side of my car. I had filled up and was just starting
to clean my windows (as even with the rain we have had in the
last week there was still a considerable amount of soot on my
windows) when a car pulled in behind me and the man statrted to
fill up.

I was just going in to pay when he came out from paying. I had
to wait for the three people in front of me to pay and when I
came out the man behind me was backing up. He yelled out his
window "The driveway is not all day parking!" I felt really
embarassed for his poor wife who was sitting in the front
passanger seat. How rude of him.

But I had the last laugh. He pulled up at the lights on the
highway to turn right into Breed St and I went down the parrallel
alley. Of course I was at the intersection of Kay St well before
he was! so much for all his hurry and bluster! Fools never prosper!

No comments: