Monday, April 6, 2009

2nd April 2009

Well it is now one year since Don Snr died.

Kath was crying over the littlest thing while we did
scrapbooking on Wednesday.

Donald has been biting my head off all week and Meg
is just her usual snapping self. Sometimes I think
she has permanent P.M.S.

We went to the top pub for lunch where Anglea joined
us.

I told them stories of Don Snr's life as as a child.
Some of these stories my children had already heard.

I also told them of how I met Don, which they had not
heard.

Most of us had the $9.95 special lunch which was just
enough. Don Meg and Angela had the 'normal' meal as
they werestraving and it was half the size again of
the lunch time special meal.

All up it was a good lunch and a great day. We left
laughing and not crying.

I think we truly celebrated Don's life rather than
grieved over his death.

That is the way I want to be remembered not with grief
but with happiness.

I want people to be glad they knew me rather than sad
that I am no longer with them.

No comments: