Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fences

For years I have trying to get a fence between
myself and the neighbours at NO:29, finally the
new owner has done something about it.

But the fence guy says that he has to charge me
an extra $500 to remove the top 6 inches of soil
on my side of the fence as it is highter than
her side!

I have never heard such rubbish in my life.

This is the second fence I will have put in on
that side. Back in 1978, the ground was built up
and there seemed to be no problem with it.
The fence really needed replacing about 2000,
so it did well for 22 years! Built up soil or not!

I believe this is just another way of getting
money out of me.

I told the bloke I would not have the soil removed.
He said that he himself would personaly come out
and look at it and let me know. I told him I was on
New Start Allowance and thus could only pay him the
$1,100 for my share of the fence in $100 fortnightly
payments. I have not heard a word since from him!

But the neighbour sent me a registered letter with
the details, which still includes the removal of
"vegetation' for $500 to me. This is what I
inquired about with the fence guy, as there are no
bushes or trees interfering with the fence line, and
he said it was the built up soil!

So now this is just another problem I have to deal with!

No comments: