Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thursday 1st April, 2010.

As Friday was Good Friday, the Traralgon R.S.L. had
their member's draw and their raffle night on Thursday
instead.

I had booked for for eight, but Anita and Richard did
not come and after the quarrel that Keith and Audrey
had, he did not come either. So there was just Cliff,
Kirsten, Ross, Audrey and myself.

I was up at the counter with Kirsten ordering tea, when
I heard the raffle bloke call out Ross's name. I thought
he might have left his wallet when buying raffle tickets,
so I called out he's at the table at the back.

So the guy calls out "Ross Thornton is at a back table
and has won the $900 member's draw."

So when I got back to the table I said "Well I guess
you'll be paying for tea tonight." His reply "No way."
The tea came to $56!! He didn't even shout us a drink!

Well as far as I'm concerned that does it for me. Why
should I put myself out for such an ungrateful little
bugger.

No comments: