Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sue and Allen's Xmas Eve Bar Be Que

To retrace, Cliff and I and usually Ross attend Sue and
Allen's party every year. Sue frantically rings every
week for three months to remind us it is on and then in
the last two weeks it is every day. She also sends me
emails, but this year there was not a peek out of her
and I thought maybe they were not holding it this year.

It just turns out I had forgotten to give her my new
email and that Cliff had not mentioned to me once that
it was on. But not knowing I had booked a table at the
Traralgon RSL and when I told Cliff the week before
he said what about Sue and Allen's party and I said
"Is it on/" and he said "Of course" and I said "BUT
YOU NEVER SAID A THING" and he said "I didn't think
I had to!!!! So he must really thing I'm a mind reader!

About 5.50 p.m. as I was about to walk out my door my
stomach rumbled and I had to go to the toilet and I
thought "Oh no let it not be a bout of diverticulitis."
But I went with Cliff and had about 4 chicken wings and
if I thought Cliff over the Bar Be Que cooking he has
nothing on Allen they were burnt to a cinder on the
outside and just cooked right on the inside. But I had
no sooner finished eating at 7 p.m. than I had to run to
the toilet and I knew then that it was the div..!

But it was the first time I had really enjoyed one of
their parties as usually I have no one to talk to, but
I sat and was mesmerised by the tattoo lady, this was
the first time I had meet her. She is a friend of Sue's
called Linda, and had an opinion on EVERYTHING. Some I
agreed with some I thought she was talking through her
hat, even though she was not wearing one. I think Iiked
her, she was so upbeat.

I have NEVER liked tattoos, though I know there are
people who think they are art, I still regard the people
who wear so many as freaks in a show. I am appalled at
the health risks and the terrible waste of money. This
lady seemed to have them from her ankles to her elbows
and was PROUD of them. I was disgusted.

My late husband had tats on his arms when I met him and
I explained how I felt about them and he said he would
not get any more so I was appalled the day he came home
whit one with my name on it as if that would make it all
right. He did have the name removed and put the name of
our three children on it instead. (Still did not like it!)

To add injury to insult even knowing how I felt all three
of my children have tatts though thank god the two girls
only have them where they can't be seen unless undressed!

No comments: