Thursday, February 10, 2011

A New Out Look

It has been a wek since I did my blog. I have been
thinking about Tracey and her life and of course that
has led me to think about life in general and how we
always neglect to think that one day it will end.
It is a sad fact that we don't have forever, so
really we should start leading our lives accordingly.

By this I mean things like "The Craddle List" all the
things young people should do before they have children,
and then the ever faithful "Bucket List" all the
things that we want to do before we die.

Well we might never know when we are going to die,
for some it just happens. So stop putting of those
things. If they require money to do, then start saving
now, so that "one day" will arrive sooner!

Even if it means giving up a small thing like one
lunch out a week that would be a saving of over $100
a year! I only need about $500 to drive across the
Nullarbor Plain. Meaning that about retiremnet age
I should have the money to do this!

As for seeing my dad's grave, I doubt I would ever
have the $10,00 it would take to go to Ireland and
stay the week to see his grave and met my Irish
relatives. Well some things are not meant to be
and I believe this is one of them.

The other thing I wanted to do was walk along some
of the Great Wall of China, but I am a 61 year old
obese woman, who has trouble walking from my front
door to the car in the driveway about 10 meters away!
so I don't really see that happening.

But the drive across the Nullarbor that I can do!

No comments: