Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mail Center Reunion

A couple of months ago, Wilma rang me and asked
would I be interested in coming to the Morwell
Club for a Mail Center Reunion. I assumed she
meant the people that had taken the package in
June 1993, but as it turned out it was for people
who had ever worked at the mail center and then
left, though two of those present stll work there.

It was held on Saturday June 4th, which as I
explained to Cliff was there a double celebration
as it has been 15 years since our first date. I
never even thought about Rob being there until
the next day, it might have been sad seeing him
after all these years. I would have liked to
catch up with Don Thomas and his wife but they
were also not there, nor was Brenda K.

There were people I knew as soon as I saw them,
and remembered their names. There were also
people whom I reconized but could not remember
their names and of course then there were people
whom I had no idea who they were. 18 years makes
a differnece to some people, they go grey or
bald, and of course put on weight.

But it was not a bad night and I did get Urusla's
number, but now have to remember where I put it!!!

No comments: