Friday, July 15, 2011

My Birthday 2011

Monday 11th July, 2011, my 62 birthday. Not one of
the bigies, but still MY BIRTHDAY!

Saw an episode of "Big Bang Theory" last week and
Leonard is having a Birthday and says that he has
never had a birthday party or celebration as his
mother did not think that being pushed out of a
birth canal was any sort of achievement on the
child's part.

So I guess birthdays are in the eye of the beholder!

But if I thought I had a crappy Mother's Day that
was a picnic compared to my birthday.

Firstly Monday morning at9 a.m. I had to contact DHS
as Kath told me on Sunday 10th "That any day now,
they were going to take Kirsten away and put her in
a foster home."

Was relived to find that this was not quite right
and that sometime in the next two weeks there will
be a family conference to decide what is going to
happen with her.

On Sunday 10th Puppy (A.K.A. Shandy, whom is 14
years old) started having trouble voiding her bladder
and was shaking badly and seemed to be disorintated.

So 8.45 a.m. Monday morning, both Cliff and Ross took
her to the vet. Of course I could not go as I had to
wait to make the calll to DHS.

They came home at about 9.30 a.m. and the vet had put
Puppy down. They had both held her and patted her as
she went to sleep. Of course they could not give her
words of comfort as she was deaf. But I'm sure she
understood.

I had tried to organise to have lunch on Sunday the 10th
for my birthday but Kath said that she had Nan Player's
birthday on that day as "REMEMBER, her birthday is the
day before yours!" But her birthday is the day AFTER
mine and she had a dinner at Toss's house on the Tuesday
night with the family.

Donald said that he had Soccer. Cliff said that it
would have to be at 1 p.m. because of the Market.
So then I tried to make it for the Saturday and Meg
said that she would be at netball and Kath said that was
the day she had arranged to have Ryley's birthday party
(his birthday is 27 June!). Cliff said "NO way, I'm not
missing the races."

I suggested at night time and everyone could do that
except Kath who did not want to bring the kids out on a
cold winters night!

So I ended up DOING NOTHING! Cliff said why don't we
just have tea at the club before we play cards so I
went over to book in and found out that on the 11th
the dinning room was going to be closed as they were
putting in new carpet and the slowest day was a Monday!

I saw Meg as she had taken the day off so that we could
go up to Yallourn Nth and see Kirsten. I had stopped in
and seen Karen and Donald's kids before coming home.
They had run up to me and given me lovely hugs and
kisses and wished me Happy Birthday. Sam said that it
had been on Facebook, and as it is school holiday time
they are on Facebook a lot. Of course I had seen Kath
and her kids when Meg and I went to see Kirsten.

Donald had popped into the shop on Friday the 8th and
said that he would ring me for my birthday and I said
"I'm still waiting for my Mother's Day phone call so I
will believe that when it happens." Of course he never
rang! I have not heard from him yet and it is the 16th
today!

No comments: