Saturday, July 2, 2011

Grass Cutting, Don't to This In Winter!!

I never cut the grass in April. I usually do it
once about the end of April and then start again
in November. So it was a bit long. Well we have
had a perfect week of lovely sunshine but the
grass really did not dry out though the soil was
not sodden but quite firm. Well I cut half the
back lawn and it was real bitch to do as the
grass was really wet it would not "throw" to the
back of the catcher but just stayed clogged up
at the catcher's mouth and under the mower itself
so that I had to keep stopping it every three
minutes to pull all the wet grass out from under
the mower.

I had barely started on the second half of the
lawn when the mower just stopped dead. I could
not get it started agiain. I checked that I had
oil and petrol that there was no grass clogging
up the blades and still it would not start. So
I never even got to do the front nature strip
that is begining to look rather ragged.

On Saturday when Cliff dropped me off I got him
to try and start the mower but he could not get
it going either, though at least with him it made
the right sounds I had got nothing out of it.

No comments: