Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bloody Drivers.

Yes another rant about drivers.

Since the Princes Highway by pass through Morwell
has been closed the traffic on the main streets of
Morwell has increased. There are always traffic
delays and of course the number of accidents have
increased. The most frustrating thing for the local
drivers who of course know how to get about Morwell
using back roads thus avoiding the Pricess's Drive
bottleneck, is that the council has gone around
and reduced all these roads to 50 and 80K zones from
the 60 and 100 k zones they were previously.

On the back road from Traralgon last weekend I was
held up by a small truck that was doing 80 K all
the way, even when we reached the 100 zone! On the
back road there is no where to pass and I was stuck
behind him all the way into Morwell. Why didn't he
use the highway which is 80 and is two laned so that
when it is 100 k other veichels can pass! Boo to the
driver of truck licence RMC 685!

Then on Monday when I was driving Kirsten to school
along the highway, we noticed the highway patrol car
hiding in the bushes and catching out the cars speeding
into Morwell.

On the way back from dropping her off as I approached
where the patrol car had been earlier I had to smile
as iI was being overtaken by about six cars that were
speeding as I was doing 110 in the 110 zone. I thought
it's about time I saw some one else speeding and getting
caught as every time I speed and that is not often I
seem to get caught and I see other drivers passing me
ALL the time and I always do the limit and THEY never
get caught!!!and bugger me there was the patrol car not
taking a bit of notice as he was trying to join the
traffic heading towards Moe.

So once again there were six speeding cars gettin away
with it!

No comments: