Saturday, November 10, 2012

Anne Arranges a Visit.

I had a message early in the month that said Anne
and David were coming to Melbourne to visit David's
cousin at Wantina.

I spoke to Anne on Sunday night. She said that they
might be able to drop ion on the way home.

Then on Tuesday night I had an SMS from Anne asking
what time I would be home on Wednesday as they would
see me then.

I said I would be homw about 1.30 p.m. but then I was
home and at the shop by 11.30 a.m. and I realised I
would be there about that time so I sent a message
telling Anne that I would be at the shop at 11.30 a.m.
and gave her instructions on how to get there.

I had barely been at the shop 10 minutes when they
arrived!

I had thought it was 1991/1992 when I had last seen
Anne when she came down on the bus to see me get my
graduate degree.

But she said that it was 2004/2005 when she and David
last came down as they remembering meeting Cliff.

I had high hopes that I could talk Anne and David into
staying the night at Cliff's house (as Lena had put fresh
sheets on the bed) and then we could go to the club for
tea and then we could buy tickets in the raffle. Then
they could continue on their way home on Thursday.

But it turned out they were not on the way home but had
only come up to see me for the day and had left everything
at the cousin's and were on their way back there and were
still staying there a few more days.

No comments: