Friday, November 23, 2012

Anne Surprises Me!

On Friday the 9th I was thinking of getting out of bed as it
was 10.10 a.m. when my mobile rang. It turned out to be Anne.
She said that she wanted to take me to the Warrgual Arts Center
to see a singer and she would pay for the tickets. I asked what
time was the show and she said 11 a.m. I said that I had to have
a shower and dress and it was a 40 minute drive so I might be a
'bit' late.

Well if there ever was a case of Murphy's Law this morning was a
perfect example!

I was comming out of my driveway when a police car passed by.
He stopped and 'gave me a warning' that I should be wearing my
seatbelt before thye car enters onto the road! Then I got the
red traffic light at the Jane St bridge. Turns out there was
road works on the entrance to the freeway which required me to
stop for a few minutes and drive at 40 instead of 80. Then
between the Yallourn-Yallourn North turn off and Moe there was
more road works. Thankfully I did not have to stop but had to
slow to 60 all the way. I caught every red light in Traf and
Yarrogon and also got caught behind vehicles that were doing
60 in the 80 zone and 40 in the 60 zone.

Then on coming to the turnoff to Warragul, there was a huge tanker
on the outside lane doing 80 and It was now just after 11 a.m. so
I went around it and lo and behold he then found top gear and
started to speed up and I MISSED the turn off completely and was
forced to go to Drouin as I also missed the THREE turnoffs to go
back along the highway to Warragul.

I choose to go along the old Princes Highway back to Warrgual as
I though it would be as easy as going back to the highway and of
course thre were ROADWORKS all the way and I was reduced to doing
60 instead of 100.

When I got to the Arts Center I saw Anne and got her attention.
She had been looking for my car but when I got in it this morning
I realised that I would not have enough petrol to get to Warragul
and back so I had been forced to go to the shop and swap cars with
Cliff. Luckily he was in the station wagon! Of course there was
no parking in the Arts center so I had to park in a lot across
the road and walk back to her. After all that I can't believe we
were ONLY 15 minutes late. But the singer only performed from 11
a.m. to 12.05 p.m. so we did miss a quarter of the show!

No comments: