Sunday, July 13, 2014

My 65th!

Now I'm officially retired! Ha! Ha!

Cliff suggested we go to the club or R.S.L. for tea, but as no-one
else could come I said why don't we have a nice romantic dinner
alone at some place where we had not eaten before and he said O.K.

We ended up going to the Aura Café. It is located near the
parking garage in Traralgon.

There was only a few people there, so we easily got a seat.

The wait staff were nice.

I saw that they had oysters moray on the menu so I asked Cliff he
wanted to go halves with me and he said "Yes" so we ordered them.

I went to the toilet. When I came back Cliff said "Well I don't
know how you managed to do it but they have got the order wrong."

There were crumbed oysters on the table and the waitress came up
and said they were ? and we could A. Sent them back. B. Eat them
at no charge and not have the ones we ordered or C. Eat them at no
charge and still have the ones we ordered. I opted for C.

I told the waitress that it was O.K. about the mistake as it was my
birthday and that was like a little present.

Well we finished our meal and I was really felling the push to finish,
when the wait staff came out the three of them had a plate with a
slice of cheese cake on it with sparkles on the cake and they sang
"Happy Birthday" to me!! It was lovely.

I asked them to take a photo of me with the cake and they did but
by then the sparkles are gone out. They offered to get more but I
said No as they would most likely cause too much flare I the photo!
I also got them to take a photo of Cliff and myself.

They were really sweet!

All up it was a really GREAT NIGHT!

No comments: