Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mother's Day Revisited

Meg came back from Thailand on May 8th. So my children took me to the top pub in Morwell on Wednesday 9th 2007 to celebrate Mother's Day together. Donald and Meg paid for my tea.

Unfortunately Cliff was not feeling well and didn't come.

I was quite surprised at the crowd there. It was packed. The surprise came as it is one of the dearest places to eat in Morwell. Found out when the children went to order the meal that they have a discount on the current shop a docket. Order one full price meal and get the second one for onlly $5! Most meals range from $18 to $24, so that is a reasonable saving, but none of us had a current shop a docket. In fact I had emptied my purse of all such things just before going out.

So with the six of us they got about $120, not including the kids meals, entrees or drinks.

I enjoyed the food. I shared a dozen kilpatrick oysters with Simon. Then I had a steak wrapped in bacon with lobster stuffing! YUM! Though there were no vegies with it. It just came on a bed of rice.

Turns out it is Triva Night on Wednesdays. During the half time break I saw Kylie there and said hello. (She is one of my fellow students at TAFE. She turned 20 on Monday 21st May, 2007) She came over and I introduced her to my children.

Then she went off to play and Don Jr had to leave as he has to get up early to go to work. Then Kath and Nathen had to leave to take the kids home. It was 9 p.m. and the next day was a school day so it was a late night for them.

Meg, Simon and I went into the pokie room and Simon gave me $10 to play the machines and after only $5 I won $25. (I gave him $12.50 back.) I was going to give him the $10 and $12.50 but he said no.

Had a good night but as both Meg and I wanted to be home by 9.30 p.m. to watch our T.V. shows we called it a night then.

No comments: