Thursday, May 31, 2007

Meg's Birthday

May 31st was Meg's 30th Birthday. She spent it alone.

I went to see her at work about 4 p.m. She said Simon and her are not speaking at the moment, though he did ring to wish her Happy Birthday. Kath works Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, but had not rung her YET. Donald rang her. Her dad rang her. The girl she met in Thailand emailed her. BJ rang. (BJ is Belinda, Meg's best friend from the neighbourhood, when they were teenagers. BJ's mother married Meg's father in late 1994, so now they are step sisters.) Susan her best friend from school had not rung either.

Work had bought her a lovely mud cake with WHITE chocolate. Joe her boss offered me a slice and it was YUM.

She was teary but claimed it was not the fact she was turning 30 but that at 30 neither her love or job life was exactly as she had hoped they would be.

I don't know if it was any comfort to her but I said it was worse when you are 40 and that applies! (as it did in my case.)

I'm trying to organise a family meal next Wednesday at the Top Pub (with the shop a dockets.)

Been a slow week.

No comments: