Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

A quiet day. Meg was in Thailand with Simon on hoilday, but she gave me a card before she left, with the strict instruction not to open till Mother's Day. I was good and didn't.

Kath rang but I was in the toilet and when I rang her back her phone rang out. Within a minute my son rang. I asked who was with him and he said he was alone. I could hear kids in the bcakground, that was why I had asked. He only gets his kids every fortnight and he had the last week before. As it turned out Kath and her family were there and it was when he saw the missed call on her phone that he rang. Why did he have to lie? It spoilt my day.

Kath, Nathan and the kids dropped in at Cliff's at 9:15 p.m. considreing Monday is a school day what was she thinking to have Kirsten out that late? No wonder the child is tired at school. As she is only eight she should be in bed by 8 p.m. at the latest.

I opened Kath's card first and then opened Meg's and she said "That's right, Meg comes first." I said, "But I opened your card first" She answered "But I was talking." What! so I wasn't to open Meg's card while she was there? Really she is 26! when she is she going to grow up?

Don Jr. did say he would take me out to dinner during the week and I was looking forward to seeing him one on one as we don't see a great deal of each other without everyone else being there, but I have just had a phone call from Meg who arrived back yesterday and it has turned into a family dinner, which means I have to put up with Nathan and miss the chance of talking to Don Jr. Add injury to insult Cliff said e "...does not get one night off..." I pointed out it was not exactly going to work to come out to dinner, but he said "...a night for myself..." I guess he means to sit alone and booze. What fun is there in that?

Maybe at the dinner I will get a present as I didn't get any on Mother's Day, just the cards from the girls.

No comments: