Monday, September 24, 2007

Mad Men Drivers.

Why is it that when you put some men behind the wheel of a car they think they own the road?

Friday 21st Sept I was driving and turned left from Sherrin St into Crinigan Road, Morwell, to find myself behind a long flat bed truck doing 20 kms up the hill. Anyone local knows that it is a very steep hill and impossible to pass anything as there is no visibility. So I was stuck but not unduly concerned as I was going to a friends' house to drop off something and they live ony about ten houses up from the corner. The truck went slower and slower as the gradient increased. I was near where I needed to turn so put on my indicator and low and behold, the truck (without indicating) pulls over, RIGHT ACROSS THE DRIVEWAY of my friend's house!! Then indicates to me that I can overtake him. I signal as best I can that I want to go into the driveway that he has just blocked. He gets the message and pulls up further along the street, but no sooner was I in the driveway than he revesed back and BLOCKED ME IN.

I get out of the car and go to him and tell him I'm only dropping of something and will be a few minutes. He says he has a delivery and will take less time. Turns out he is delivering to my friend. But there was a problem and of course I am finished before he has even unpcked the furniture on the back of the truck. So I have to ask him to move again, which he did. But this time he is blocking the road and does not signel me that the road is clear I waited a full minute but nothing comes over the crest of the hill. I realise he has the shits with me and is not going to give me the all clear, so I take a chance. Lucklily there were no cars coming.

I then drove down town to see Meg and pick up some money she owed me. I am driving along Princes Drive, Morwell, in the Traralgon direction and of course there is no parking spot outside Curves, the National Bank or McNair Hurle where Meg works. Then a car starts to reverse out. I check my rear view and there is a flat bed little truck behind me but it is at the pawn shop so I stop to let the car out so I can get the parking spot. The lights at the intersection with the Post office changed to red and the truck wizzes up behind me and overtakes across the unbroken line to speed up to the red light where of course it has to stop. However because of it the car backing out had to stop in case the truck swerved in and hit it. But then the car finally came out. I parked and got out and the light was still red the car was now behind the truck and two more cars were pulling up when the light changed. The idiot male driver had gained nothing by his recklessness.

On Saturday 22 Sept I am driving down Kosciuszko St, Traralgon, and trying to turn left on to the Highway. Of cousre BOTH lanes right back past the golf course are full but as I am only going to Beryl's which is about five houses from the corner I check the bike lane and it is clear, so I turn and start driving along it. I signel as I approach Bery's house and from the house before hers comes a flat bed little truck (am I being cursed by flat bed trucks???) and it doesn't stop but comes out into the bike lane and blocks me off!! I point to Beryl's and my indicator and that I am turning and for him to go back into his drive. He finally gets the message and goes back in. THANK YOU.. It was some time before he got out as I had unpacked the car and was going into Beryl's backyard when he went past.

When I was leaving Beryl's, again turning left onto the Highway, there was traffic in both lanes from The BP station all the way back to the Golf course, so I floored the car and took off.

The car behind me (NOT A FLAT BED TRUCK) must have been doing closer to 90 than the 70 it should have been doing because I had got about five houses when it was right behind me, I was doing 65 by then. Only another two houses and I moved out of his way back into the bike lane as I was turning at Washington St and as he passed me he gave me the finger and pushed his horn. And I had moved out of his way as soon as I could! how rude. So I beeped him back, I have horn too, Ar..hole.

No comments: