Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Baby Sitting The Grand Kids (Part Four)

On Friday I was tired so tired that even though the noise of the heater at Donald's waa still bad I did go to sleep.

I set the alarm for 7.35 a.m. as we had been doing so well the last two mornings. This morning while I cleaned all the cobwebs off the dinning room ceiling and walls the kids pulled out the table and chairs and Maddie hoovered the floor. I don't think it had been done in a year. As she did that Sam and Connor cleaned the table and chairs.

They were having a lunch order at school so did not have to take a packed lunch. We arrived at the school at 8.50 a.m. As I drove past the front of the A.P.M. I explained that the 'reek' that they could smell was the chemicals and the process used to turn the wood into paper.

Once more to Cliff's for a sleep. Checked his cupboard as I had promised the kids pancakes after school as they had been so good for me. He needed sugar and milk so on the way back from gym I grabbed those.

Maddie had been asking to walk to Cliff's each day but as it had been raining we had not done it but I said if it was fine on Friday they could walk.

A recent study in the paper said that high school students who did not walk to school in primary school had a very poor road sense by the time they were in secondary school.

Donald did not want them to walk as they had to cross a 'main road' but it was Grey St and there is a lolly pop lady at the crossing so I don't know what his problem was.

But as it turned out, though the day had been lovely and sunny right up to 3 p.m. dark clouds came over and a wind kicked up and by 3.30 p.m. it was pouring rain so I had to pick them up anyway.

I showed them how to make the panckes. Then we ate them. Connor had two, Sam had three, I had three and Maddie had four (which included the one that Connor didn't eat.)

Later that evening when I came back to Cliff's he asked "Where's my pancakes?" So I got up early Monday morning and made him some before he went off to work.

Donald said that he wished he had the kids for another week so I could do some more cleaning. ( No thank you, a week at a time, actually three days is enough, the getting up early nearly killed me!)

No comments: