Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby Sitting the Grand Kids (Part Three)

On Thursday after I couldn't sleep Wednesday I decided to
clean Donald's house. So after dropping off Donald I
cleaned the outside of the mircowave, the fridge and the
stove, it took nearly 1 1/2 hours just to clean the top of
the stove, the dirt was so baked on.

I cleaned the wall behind the stove as it had a film of
yellow grease. I used car degreaser it was so bad. Started
on the wall around the kitchen window but ran out of time.

I woke Maddie about five minutes earlier than the boys and got
her to stand on the chair on the bench and reach right up to
the architrave and clean it for me. She loved it and asked to
be woken up early the next day to help with the house work!!!

We went to my place and dropped off some rubbish and recycling
papers as Donald's bins were full.

Then I drove them up to the A.M.P. plant and showed them the
cooling water ponds and the stacks of timber drying out and they
saw dust piles. I explained that as trees had sap in them which
helps keep them to stay alive, it means when they are cut down
they have to be left for a few years for the sap to dry out.

We still got to school at 8 45 a.m.

I went off to the gym and then collapsed into bed at Cliff's
longing for a sleep as I had not been to bed at ALL on Wednesday
night and within fifteen minutes just as I was drifting off some
bugger started mowing his lawn. Well that lasted nearly 45
minutes so it was about 10:30 a.m. before I could start to go to
sleep and I woke up at 1.45 p.m. and could not go back to sleep
again!

No comments: