Thursday, August 7, 2008

Babysitting The Grand Kids (Part Two)

Well I turn up at 4.10 a.m. on Wednesday morning and Donald
was only just getting up. I drove him to the station and we
got there at 4.40 a.m. When I got back to his place I found
the back oor closed and after fumbling around in the cold and
dark for five minutes trying to get one of the keys on the ring
to fit the lock (None did) I thought bugger I'm not staying out
here and freezing for the next two hours and then it struck me
that the front door key might be on the ring. Luckily it was!!

So now it is just after 5 a.m. and I thought that means two and
a half hours sleep! So I laid down and put my ear plugs in. The
first thing I realised was that the light from the heater would
keep me awake so I turned over and faced away from it and decided
that tomorrow I would bring my eye mask.

The next thing that struck me was the fact that the fan in the
heater sounded like the engine of a Boeing 747 taking off and
landing it was horrendous! even with the ear plugs in no matter
what I did, even trying to pretend I was on a plane, did not help
me to go to sleep. It was a relief when the alarm went off.

The kids pretty well looked after themselves I just keep saying
"get up" "get dressed" "brush your teeth" "eat breakfest" "no
hitting at the table" "pack your bags" "get your lunches out of
the fridge" "take your bags to the car" and they did it.

We got to the school at 8.40 a.m.

No comments: