Saturday, September 27, 2008

And Once Again!!!

On Thursday 19th Sept 2008 I was working on my blog and e-mail
when the phone rang. It was Elise Bryne to remind me I was due
at her house at 6 p.m. for tea. The time now being 6.05 p.m.
I had forgotten.

So the last thing I did was run a full virus scan on my computer.

When I got home at 8 p.m. the scan was just finishing and it said
I had 13 minor infections on the drive so I 'performed actons'
and then was told everything was A OK. SO I turned off.

Then on Friday afternoon after TAFE when I tried to turn the
computer on, I could not get on! It would go to the blue page
and say WELCOME and when I clicked owner it would show the message
"loading settings" then it would go to the page where my icons
usually live and stay there two seconds and then switch back to
the welcome page where the message came up "logging off".

This happened about twenty times over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and
Monday so I took the tower into JB Computers of Morwell. The
gentleman informed me that Windows was corrupted AGAIN! and had to
be wiped clean, this time I got him to reinstall the printer and
scanner as the phone bill cost me $75 last time that happened.

I then sat down on Saturday afternoon (27th Sept) (as I don't watch
football and wasn't interested in staying at Cliffs and hearing
him carry on, so I had gone home) and connected everything up again
and installed the internet and then tried to find my blog. I had
started doing this at 4 p.m. and finally starting doing my blog
at 5.20 p.m. that was about 40 minutes longer than I thought it
would take!

No comments: