Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"View from a Window"

On the 28th May 2008 I entered The Eastwood/Hills FAW Annual
Literary competition. It closed on the 31st May, 2008.

I received a letter three weeks ago telling me that I had
been shortlisted in the Memoir section with the story of my
mother's death "View from a Window." I was very pleased but
could not attend the presentation night on Friday 29th August,
2008.

On Wednesday 3rd Sept. I received the results in the mail.

FIRST: "My Father's Forte" Kate Gilbert
SECOND: "Crossing the Pacific" Kay Richter

HIGHLY
COMMENDED: "The Madness of King Jules" Michelle Lopert
"Vanishing" Michelle Brock

COMMENDED: "View from a Window" Gloria McDougall
"The Kolinsky Sable" Laurie Forth
"A Tale of Two Tonsils" Deloy Oberg.

I would like to think that the results have been given in
order of merit. As I said to Beryl I thought at the very
least I would get a Commended so I was not disappointed.

No comments: