Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bad Drivers

On Thursday I was heading south along Maryvale Crescent,
and indicated that I was turning left into Ann St (in
Morwell, Vic, Australia). It was about 10.30 a.m.

I had the right of way at the intersection as the trafic
on Ann St has a GIVE WAY sign. There was a silvery Ford SUV
travelling east along Ann St, licence plate number FOP 768,
which had to give way to me, but thefemale male driver
ploughed straight through the sign. Icould see she wasn't
even looking so I hit the brakes and she still didn't look
or notice me.

Then at about 11.10 a.m. Friday I was driving along the
Service road in Morwell, and turned at the McDonald's
traffic lights, to head south and go to McDonald's where I
was meeting someone, at 11 a.m.

I usally hit the gas when the light change, as if all the
devils in hell were after me. But today I was day dreaming
at the traffic lights, (THANK GOD) and it took me a second or
two to realise the lights had changed to green.

I was about ten feet across the highway when a blue sedan
speed through the red light (he was MOVING!) towards Morwell.

If I had of been as quick of the mark as I usually am I
would not be sitting here typing this but in a hospital bed!

I would have gone after him, to get his licence details, only
I was late for my appointment!

When I finished at McDonalds I headed down town. After the
traffic lights on the highway near the post office I indicated
that I wanted to turn right into a 15 minute car space in
front of the NAB, but I did not want to cut across the part
of the oncoming traffic so I waited for the six of so cars
to pass and the fourth car, a white V6 Holden, licence VX 231,
took my spot! Of course it was a rude male driver!

So in two days and being on the road for less than half an
hour I was almost killed twice and had my parking spce stolen!

No comments: