Friday, June 18, 2010

Yusuf Cat Stevens

Cliff took me (and of course Ross) to see Cat
Stevens at the Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday
16th June. He had tried to get into the
Friday night concert but it had sold out within
an hour!

He was suppose to pick me up at 5 p.m. but
arrived at 5.40 p.m. and it was bloody cold
sitting on the front verandah for 40 minutes!

The drive thankfully was just on 2 hours but
he had to park at the MCG and walk the two
kilometers back to the arena, but he did drop
me off first, but the walk back after the concert
nearly killed me!

The songs and music were great but we were in
the nose bleed section. I could see a number
of figures on stage, and just make out which one
was singing, but that was it. Thankfully they put
up the video of him on the side of the stage
otherwise I would have had no idea what he looked
like!

Going in was a nightmare. They had people going
through ladies bags. A man with a magnetic wand
frisking all the men who did not seem to be carrying
anything. They took all cans and even bottled water.

Lucky I did not bring my water this time.

A small plastic cup of beer cost $7:50 and a small
cup of wine $7 and a large cup of lemonade $4.

I bought a T shirt for Cliff and myself and a program
total cost $120! The tickets were $140 each!

Cliff complained that it cost $50 for a three course
meal and a night at the R.S.L. for both of us and I
said Wednesday night cost us $200 each. But he said
that it was a once in a lifetime thing and I joked
well once in every 36 years as that was how long it
had been since Cat Stevens had last been in Australia!

No comments: