Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lap Banding

Well thre last time I saw Mr. Arthur was in 2006
and he said that I had to go away and make an effort
to lose weight naturally. So I tried eating healthy
for two years and gained 8 kgs. So I joined Curves
andadjusted my eating patterns.

In the two years I was with Curves I lost centimeters
from various areas of my body, but I actually gained
weight of 10 kgs from 98 to 108. They kept saying
that was because I was building muscle and it weighs
more than fat, but I am still heavy and my back and
legs are giving out. They were becoming so painful
that I had to leave Curves and in the six months
since I left Curves I think I have gained another
5 kgs!!

But the really bad news is that before the lap
banding operation was at Latrobe Valley Hospital
and cost $5000 but now it has to be done through
Maryvale Private Hospital and the cost is closer
to $10,000. He said that the only way they will
allow me to have it is if I am with a private Health
fund. That will cost about $10-15 a week for at least
9 months and who knows how much longer because of the
waiting list! Even then they only pay about 70% of
the cost so I would still be up for about $3000.

I feel that I am reaching for a golden ring and it
is getting futher and further beyond my reach!

No comments: