Monday, May 31, 2010

Meg is 33

Meg said that her boss reminded her that Jesus Christ only
lived to be 33 years old!

As a family we all went to the top pub in Morwell for tea.

For weeks I had been telling Cliff that it was at 6.30 p.m.
as Meg does not usually get home till nearly 6 p.m. and she
would want to have a shower and change before eating.

He wanted it to be 6 p.m. so we could still go to cards at
7 p.m. and I said that we would not have enough time to
order tea and eat it so that would not be happening.

I was right we ordered tea at 7.10 p.m. and it did not
arrive till 8 p.m. I had to go back home and get Meg's
and mine shop a docket. Hence the lateness of our ordering
but there was also a large party of elderly people about 20
in front of us and we had to wait 20 minutes before we
could order.

Ross went away for the week end and rang Sunday night to
say that he would be coming back on Monday night so I rang
him and said that as Cliff was going to tea in Morwell at
6.30 p.m. then he would have to be back in Traralgon by
6 p.m. in order for Ciff to pick him up so that Cliff would
not be late. I then told Cliff the same thing and said
that Ross said that the train gets in at 5.40 p.m. so
there should be no problem.

Yet when Meg, Kath and family and I all came in at 6.30 p.m.
there was Cliff sitting there saying "I've been here since
6 p.m. what happened to all of you?" He then went on to claim
that I had told him 6 p.m.!!!!Which of course just goes to
prove that he really doesn't listen to me. Or that he just
got it stuck in his mind that as that was the time he wanted
us to have dinner that it was therefore correct!

No comments: