Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stange but True

Today Beryl came around to talk about "Julie and Julia"
which we saw a couple of months ago as she needs to
write a report on it and can't remember it. I thought
we should have watched it again but gave her a run down
of the plot only to have her say "I'll have to get the
DVD and watch it again!"

When she arrived "Murder She Wrote" was coming on and I
told her I wanted to watch it. The plot was Jessica
Fletcher's English cousin Emma McGill(who was her twin
in looks as the part was also played by Angela Lansbury)
had a number of attempts made on her life and pretended
she died to 'flush' out the murderer.

Emma McGill was an old time musical singer. I said that
I had seen "The Portrait of Doran Gray" about a month ago
and Angela Lansbury had played the part of a young music
hall singer (she was about 20 in the movie) and the song
she sang that won the heart of Gray was "Little Yellow
Bird".

Well bugger me the next minute Emma McGill (Angela
Lansbury) comes on stage and sings "Little Yellow Bird".
Beryl said that it might be the only song she could sing
and I said no she sang others in Doran Gray.

We both though it a bit of coicidence that I should have
told her about the movie "Doran Gray" and then have her
sing the same song in this show! It was almost as good
as when she 20!

No comments: