Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weather

I know that it is not offically winter but I have
had the winter blues now for a month! and yet it
is not even that cold yet. Though a lot of people
including my daughter Meg say that in the last week
the weather has been freezing! I know that in the
last week I have had to heat the bed,at night, but
only on the lowest setting. I am not up to the stage
of heating the room itself.

In fact it has been very wet over the last month and
I think that being restricted to the house beacause
of the rain has more to do with my being depressed
than the cold!

Yesterday was a lovely fine sunny day. So I went out
late in the afternoon to cut the lawn which has not
been done for about six weeks so it is getting like
a jungle out there, but hopefully not enough to kill
me! Ha! Ha! ("Monk" is a show that I have always liked!)
But where the sun doesn't reach anymore the grass was
still very wet and it was a real chore cutting it as
it would not slide to the back of the catcher but just
kept sticking to the lip!

As it was, I only did half as the green recycling bin
filled up too fast! I did say it was like a jungle.
So hopefully I will be able to finish it in the next
fortnight.

No comments: