Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friday 21st May Visitors Day

It was Visitor's day at Stockdale RD school. This
year it was from 12.30 pm. till 3.30 pm. From 12.30
till 1.30 it was open class rooms, I watched Maddy
for half an hour as her class had a visit from a local
policeman. Then I went to Connor's class for 15 minutes
and watched the teacher tell the kids it was WRONG to
say 1.45 p.m. that the CORRECT way was to say a quarter
to 2. That if the clock was at 3.40 it was not 3.40 but
twenty to four!

I disagreed with her! I said it was not wrong that
either way was correct and that some people found the
1.45 option easier than the quarter to option!

Then there was snack time on the oval and Lacy was
hanging with the twins Corey and Jackson. I took a
photo of them and then all the kids together.

Corey was very cosy and wanted me to see his paintings.
He said that mum couldn't come as Nathan had only come
home fom the hospital yesterday from breaking his arm.
I think it was just an excuse not to bother. Why would
a broken arm stop a mum from bring him to school to
visit his two brothers on visitors day?

So all the kids dragged me around the display room
showing oof their paintings.

Karen came and stayed during the snack break.

After the break there was another hour of open
class and I went into Lacey's room and she
introduced me as her nan Gloria. I was there 45
minutes as she wanted me to help her with her
English sheet.

I rushed over to Jackson's room and he was sitting
on the floor in an exercise and the teacher was not
allowing the visitors to take the kids aside so I
just went up to him to let him know that I had come
in and said that I had to go.

Then into Corey's room where the teacher said that
he had been waiting for me. I watched him play a
computer game where he had to create a monster
and take it through a series of obstacles to cross
a finishing line before dying three times. He
succeeded but took 4.45 minutes and the computer
said he was 'sluggish' I said that was slow and
he would have to keep playing and doing it quicker
even if he lost a life along the way. Said goodbye
and rushed into Sam's room.

Sam had been good all day and therefore was allowed
to draw the winners of the raffle for the day. Two
names were drawn out and they could choose a prize
from a box.

Sam also got to chose a prize and he picked some
hair pins for Maddy. The teacher said "What a good
brother" and he really swelled out with pride!

I offered him a lift home but he said no he wanted
to play for awhile. Karen later told me that she
had to drive up and get him!!

Rang Angela and she said that Lacey was all about
Nan Gloria being there. She said that Sarah had
said that she would come with Amelia but it never
happened. She had meant to come up but had lain
down on the couch with a headache and fallen asleep.

So it was lucky taht I turned up to make so many
little people happy!

No comments: