Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Boo Turns 8

As a family we all got together for dinner on Thursday
12th August for Boo's (Talhia) 8th birthday.

Of course Cliff was not there as he can't see the point
of 'a birthday party' for an 8 year old. No matter how
many times I tell him it is just a family dinner. The
only extra thing is a cake and presents for the child we
all have to eat tea so why not enjoy it together in
celebration.

I think Audrey didn't tell him this and it seem obvious
that Glenda did not practise it with the boys. Yet he
sees the 'boys' each year for their birthday to give them
a card and present and they are now 30 and 31!!!

We went to the Rossmore hotel at Yallourn Nth. It was
Parma and pot night for $14. I was the only one with a
camera, so I took a few shoots.

Kath told Nan Player that she is expecting another child
in early December. Boo asked why I was watching her
mother talk to Nanny Palayer and I said "because Mum is
telling Nanny that she is expecting a baby."

Boo said "What another baby?" I said "Yes" and then she
came out with the comment of the night:-

"Well obviously dad didn't wear a condom then."

That cracked up everyone!!

No comments: