Sunday, August 22, 2010

An Election Nightmare.

I went up to the Revival center in Morwell to vote.
As it was close to Donald's I decided to go to his
house and I thought we both could go down together
and vote. I also had the photos from Talhia's party
and a recycle bag with Collingwood on it (How I got
that I don't know) that I wanted to give him. But
when I got there the house was open, the fire was on
as was the T.V. but there was no one home. Donald's
car was in the drive way so I figured he and the kids
had not gone too far.

I walked down to the center thinking he might have
already gone to vote.

Just as I was getting all the paper work from the
various parties, I heard a voice call out "Nan."

There was Donald and the kids coming up the roadway
from Crigian Rd School.

Turns out as the sun had come out for a few minutes
earlier Don had taken the kids to play soccer, footy
and cricket on the school oval.

But now that it was spitting rain they had decided to
come home.

So we waited in line to vote. Thankfully we just
managed to squeeze into the foyer of the center.
There were people who were not so lucky and had to
wait in the rain.

Forty five minutes later we finally got to vote!

The problem was that there were only two issusing booths.
But there were 8 voting stations. I kept walking in and
looking how it was going, the most booths that were
occupied at any one time was 6!

It was taking longer to cross the people off and issue
the voting forms that it was to vote. After Donald and
I voted we noted,as we walked out, that there was only
one booth being used!

They really needed four issusing stations.

No comments: