Monday, January 24, 2011

My Day In Court

The day dawned wet and miserable which under the
circumstances was appropriate.

Finally I went to the local court about the fine the
council levied on me when Nathan could not cut the
grass because he had lost the key to the ride on mower
and the slasher broke.

I had sent a stat dec to the council but they ignored
that and upheld the fine, so I tried the revocation
order people in Melbourne and once again sent a stat
dec and once again it was ignored and they upheld the
fine. So I had no choice but to go to court.

Of course it had been set for months, but how was any
one to know that 24 hours earlier Tracey would die.

I went but I knew that if the delay was too long before
my case was heard then I would lose it.

I booked in and was told that my case would be heard in
court one, but there seemed to be a problem with court
one as within 1 1/2 hours there were two half hours breaks.

At 12.30 p.m. I started to cry, so I went along to the
court networking lady, Stella, and told her about the
case and about Tracey, so she went up and spoke to the
counter staff. There had been a problem in court one
and now the case was to be heard in court two.

She gave me a free coffee, and then I heard my name
called but it was to the counter. When I got there the
young girl said she had looked at the file and the
council had withdrawn the complaint, which meant that
I did not have to pay the fine nor go into court. She
said that I was free to go home. I went back and told
Stella and thanked her for her kindness. She said it
would have been nice of the council if they had also
sent me a letter saying the fine had been withdrawen.
I think it would have been nice too, but I figured
they didn't so I could 'suffer' longer.

I'm sure that Nathan and Kathleen will be relived as he
was worried that they would come after him because the
grass was not cut. As I said to him, he couldn't help
it that the slasher broke. The sad thing is that he
has still not found the key to the ride on mower!

No comments: